Chicken and mushrooms, a marriage made in hen-house heaven!
Parmesan Chicken Marsala
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt kosher is best
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup wide egg noodle or whatever pasta you prefer
- 1/2 cup marsala wine you can chicken broth instead of the wine if you prefer.
Using a 1 gal. zip lock bag or between 2 sheets of waxed paper flatten out the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. I find a wooden rolling pin does the job nicely.
Mix the flour, salt and pepper and parmesan in a small bowl. coat chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess flour.
Cook the mushrooms, garlic and parsley in hot oil for 5 minutes turning frequently. Use a 10 or 12 inch pan for this.
Add chicken to pan. Cook 4 minutes per side until nicely browned Add the marsala wine and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes
This recipe is best served over a bed of your favorite pasta.
Did you know: Chickens have more bones in there neck than a giraffe. That's why you'll never find a chicken neck recipe on this blog, or a giraffe recipe for that matter.