Kid Food Adult Style
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/4 lbs. chicken tenderloins or boneless chicken breasts sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or romano
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs plain
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley or 1/2 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. Franks hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the grated cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, hot sauce, and garlic powder.
Dip the chicken pieces one at time in the butter mixture until well coated. Then dredge each piece in the bread crumb mixture while pressing the bread crumbs into the chicken. Place each piece on well greased cookie sheet.
Bake the chicken tenders for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F. Serve immediately.
Did You Know: There's a restaurant in Manchester N.H. called the Puritan Backroom that claims to have invented the Chicken Tender, as we know it, back in 1974. Whether they did or not, it has certainly become a standard in North American cuisine.