This salad is a nice side for most meat dishes as well as Pasta.
- 5 oz. romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 oz. radicchio lettuce (2 leaves) torn up
- 1/4 English cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion quartered
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. oregano flakes
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. ripe olives sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra light
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
Place all ingredients except the oil and vinegar in a medium sized mixing bowl. You can buy an Italian salad mix at most grocery stores instead of buying the lettuce separately.
Add the oil and vinegar and toss until everything is well coated. You can use 2 spoons to toss or I prefer to use a set of tongs. Serve right away.
Did you know: The average lifespan for an olive tree is about 500 years. The oldest olive tree in the world in on the island of Crete. This tree is over 5000 years old and still producing fruit. Now that's productivity!