Colorful and refreshing side dish that’s easy to prepare.
Zesty Red Cabbage Slaw
Crispy and tart is the best way to describe this red cabbage slaw. A refreshing taste that goes well with most chicken or pork dishes from the grill.
- 1/2 medium sized red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 medium sized red onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice I use key lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt kosher
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Core and thinly slice the red cabbage and place in a large mixing bowl. Peel and shred the carrot, thinly slice the red onion and add to the cabbage.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add the juices, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
Add the juice dressing to the cabbage and toss until well blended. Transfer the slaw to a serving dish/bowl, garnish with the chopped cilantro and refrigerate until ready to serve.