Big on flavor and quick to prepare.
Drunken Bacon Cheeseburgers
A cold beer and a shot of whiskey, what more could a cheeseburger lover ask for?
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 slices bacon partially cooked
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 oz. whiskey Jim Beam or Jack Daniels
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Montreal steak spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shred sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs plain panko
- 4 hamburger rolls your choice
Chop up the half cooked bacon and place in a medium sized bowl along with the ground beef and all the other ingredients except for the rolls.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Use your hands to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
Form the hamburger mixture into 4 evenly sized patties. At this point, if you find the burgers a little on the loose side, place them in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before grilling.
Grill the burgers about 8 minutes per side for medium, a little longer if you like your burgers well done. That's it, serve hot off the grill on the rolls with your favorite toppings.
Did you know: If all Hamburgers eaten by Americans in a year are arranged in a straight line, it would circle our Earth more than 32 times. That's a loota burgers folks!