This Shrimp Scampi recipe is delicious with Rice or Linguine.
Shrimp Scampi on a bed of rice
- 1/2 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin or extra light
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro or 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 lb. medium sized shrimp peeled deveined and tail off
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice or juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Cook the rice per package instructions. While the rice is cooking, heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, half the cilantro and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp along with the salt and pepper and fry the shrimp until they turn pink, stirring constantly. Now add the wine and lemon juice and bring back to a simmer. Finally add the grated parmesan and simmer for another minute or until the mixture begins to thicken.
Spoon the cooked rice onto two plates. Top the rice with the shrimp scampi and garnish with the remaining cilantro. That's it, enjoy with some of that dry white wine, if you have any left.
Whether you decide to serve this Shrimp Scampi on rice or linguine, you will enjoy it that much more with a slice of Bruschetta Garlic Bread.